Everyone at UC — students, faculty, staff and administrators — has the right to a safe learning and working environment. Each of us plays a critical role in ensuring the university is a safe place, and should know the rules of being part of the UC community.
- UC is committed to fostering a community where everyone works and learns together in a place free of harassment, exploitation and intimidation.
- UC does not tolerate sexual violence, sexual assault, sexual harassment, dating/domestic violence or stalking.
- Sexual violence violates both UC policy and federal and state laws. UC will respond promptly to reports of sexual violence and take appropriate action to prevent it and when necessary, take disciplinary action.
- Incoming students receive general sexual violence and sexual assault education. Faculty and staff are required to take sexual harassment training annually.
Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Policies and Procedures
University of California Systemwide Policies
- UC Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Policy
- UC Clery Act Policy – Campus Safety and Security Reporting
University of California Systemwide Frameworks
- UC Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Student Adjudication Framework Non-DOE Covered Conduct (PACAOS – Appendix E)
- UC Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Student Adjudication Framework DOE Covered Conduct (PACAOS – Appendix F)
- Investigation and Adjudication Framework for Senate and Non-Senate Faculty
- Investigation and Adjudication Framework for Staff and Non-Faculty Academic Personnel
University of California Guidelines
- UC Guidelines on Prohibited Conduct Definitions in the Context of Patient Care
- UC Guidance on Investigating Prohibited Conduct in the Context of Patient Care
University of California, San Francisco Guidelines
- UCSF Sexual Violence in the Workplace Policy, Number 150-29
- UCSF Interim Procedure: Disposition Process for Faculty and Other Non-represented Academic Appointees in Cases Involving Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment
- UCSF Campus and Health Local Implementing Procedures for UC Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Policy Investigation and Adjudication Framework for Staff (Non-represented)
General Code of Conduct and Discipline Policies
University of California Code
- UC Faculty Code of Conduct (Academic Personnel Manual Section 015)
University of California, San Francisco